YOU are why I do what I do
How YOU helped MadeforYOUbyFi become a reality
“I am so glad that everyone who wears one of my garments knows that they will be wrapped in luxury worthy of a Hollywood superstar.”
~ Fi Langtry
Before I started ‘Made for YOU by Fi’, my life was missing something… a purposely creative outlet.
When I first started crocheting, I was making blankets and scarves for charity and family.
Then one day something amazing happened. A stranger purchased something that I had made! I was so excited!
I had been concerned that what I could make would not be acceptable to, nor wanted by anyone outside my family and friends.
I posted a picture of the blanket I made for my baby nephew on Facebook and someone asked me to make them one… so they could gift it.
Over the next few months, I decided to start creating the most interesting, luxurious, textured and unique accessories possible.
These would be worn by the most interesting, vibrant and fun-loving women in the world… just like you!
I would use the most incredible fibers, colors and textures in yarns I could source.
(Click here to continue reading…)
No business stands alone, and I do not pretend to do so.
I would like to acknowledge the help, guidance and/or professional expertise of some amazing people.
- Sophie Burmester – her photography skills, modelling ingenuity and beauty (both inside and out) are evident in almost all of the modeled photographs I have and use. Follow her on Facebook or Instagram. She will either model my garments herself, or gather her friends and make something unique.
- Margaret Charlton – my ‘go to’ quality editor for my websites and listings. Her new business is QI Girl… highly recommended.
- Ollie Garside – a local photographer whose photographs were my first professional ones. The black background made some of the colors ‘pop’ in a way I had never thought possible. You can follow him on Facebook or Instagram, or check his website.
- Renae Christine – my business coach and website design trainer! There are so many wonderful things I could/should say about this lady, but it’s really impossible to explain – you just need to see her for yourself! Watch her on YouTube or experience her Free Handmade Training!
- Elise Nelson – a fellow business owner who has extensive knowledge on both website design and efficient use of time. Her review of this site has led to many subtle and not-so-subtle improvements. You can follow her on Facebook or Instagram… and tell her I sent you!